This 4Children website is intended purely as an information resource.
4Children is not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this website, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
While we aim to ensure that information on this site is correct, 4Children does not give any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy and reliability. No responsibility is accepted by 4Children for any errors, omissions or misleading statements on these pages. 4Children does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
4Children does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by external sources, and accepts no responsibility or liability for any consequences arising from the use of such data. Furthermore, we cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites not managed by 4Children.
Terms and conditions
Access to and use of this site is provided by 4Children subject to the following terms:
- By using this site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use this website.
- 4Children may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of this 4Children website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Use of the Families in the Foundation Years website
- This website is the property of 4Children and is protected by copyright © 4Children 2011. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or otherwise use 4Children content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any 4Children content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Those wishing to use the contents of this site for purposes other than their personal use are requested to apply in writing to foundations@4Children.org.uk.
- In using this 4Children website you agree to use it only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use of the 4Children site.
- An ever-increasing number of organisations and institutions linked to the work of 4Children have their own information services on the World Wide Web. 4Children is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of the linked pages.
4Children takes the issue of safeguarding your privacy seriously.
- You may occasionally be asked to supply personal information to this 4Children website, for example your email address. Personal information is anything which enables us to identify you in some way, such as your name or email address. If you supply such information, we are legally bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that it is only used for the purpose for which it was first requested and to ensure that the data is held securely.
- In general, any information you provide to this 4Children site will only be used within 4Children and the Families in the Foundation Years strategic partnership. It will never be supplied to anyone outside 4Children / Families in the Foundation Years strategic partnership without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as is necessary and will remove it in the event that its purpose has been met.
- We may also collect and record information in order for us to understand more about how our site is used. In order to do this we may send cookies to your PC. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies do not identify you personally, just the computer you have used. You can disable this function within your browser without affecting your navigation around the site.
- We will not send unsolicited emails to you or people you know as a result of using this website.