2 year assessment

Share your views on the latest government consultations or look for support on a topical issue.

Moderators: Kirsty_4Children, Sue_4Children, Dan_4Children, Ciaran_4Children, Pauline_4Children

2 year assessment

Postby shirley274 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:02 pm

I understand that the format of 2 year old assessments is up to individual settings to devise whatever works best for them. However I cannot find any reference to guidance on recordkeeping. Are we required to keep copies and if so for how long ?

Re: 2 year assessment

Postby angiegregg » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:48 am

Hi Shirley,

I agree, I have been thinking about this too!
Our thoughts are that we will be giving a copy to our families, in time for their check. This should enable them to take it to the health visitor (although I have some concern over the timings of this) We will also be holding a copy in children's file to enable it to be part of our own planning and assessments. Later this will move onto their next setting with them, With parental permission of course!! We currently don't keep a copy of all the children's observations and assessments, when they leave us this goes onto the families and or next setting, so my current thinking is this would be treated as the same?

Postby yummum24 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi there! I have been to the EYFS review today. This question was raised. The progress check at 2 is to be done between 2 and 3. It does not have to be done as soon as the child hits 2, but may be useful if there are other concerns. Also, it was said to us that we have one copy, the parents have one, and as said above, the parents can give permission for it to be passed to other organisations. Hope this helps!!

Postby cheekymonkeys07 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:42 pm

In terms of format for the 2 year old assessment I will be using and adapting the Summary One document that is currently in our LA's Record of Acheivements. Currently it is literally a short summary of where the child is under each of the Areas of Learning & Development. I shall adapt this for the new EYFS.

Return to Consultations and Hot Topics