- Preparing for parenthood
- Caring for newborns
- Helping your baby develop
- Encouraging independence
- Enjoying early education
- Joining reception class
Enjoying early education
You should have a choice of high quality, early education for your child. This includes nurseries, pre–schools and childminders. Children's centres will often have a nursery on site or very close by.
Tap in your postcode to the Ofsted website to find early education services close to you and read what Ofsted has to say about them at their last inspection and their quality rating. Other tips for choosing early education include:
- Look for the Ofsted rating on display
- Ask about the qualifications and experience of staff
- Ask other parents – you can learn from their experience
- Visit the children's centres, nurseries and childminders in your area to get a feel for the one you think will suit you and your child
Watch the video...