Eat Better, Start Better – ‘Providing healthy, balanced and nutritious food for children aged 6 months to 5 years’
Action for Children is offering this half-day training course to enhance the knowledge of early years practitioners about a ‘heathy, balanced and nutritious’ diet for children aged 6 months-4 years and meeting the Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings in England. The training is part of the Eat Better, Start Better programme, which is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is delivered by our experienced team of Registered Nutritionists alongside a HEPA co-ordinator from the East Sussex team.
A half-day course for up to 23 childminders and/or early years practitioners.
The aim of the training is to give delegates:
- Increased knowledge about a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet for children aged 6 months to-4 years, and how to apply this to different meals and snacks and provide food to meet the needs of babies aged 6-12 months.
- Increased knowledge about the Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings in England and how to meet these.
- Ideas for activities to engage families around healthier food provision.
Why should someone from our setting attend this training?
- To support staff to understand how to fulfil the EYFS welfare requirement that meals and snacks should be ‘healthy, balanced and nutritious’, and meet the Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings in England.
- To increase staff knowledge about, and understanding of, what a healthy diet for children aged 1-4 years and babies 6-12 months consists of, and how to cascade this to families.
- To help answer common questions about portion sizes and managing special diets, including providing food allergen information.
- To support their setting to adopt and demonstrate a whole setting approach to healthy eating, in line with Ofsted’s Common Inspection Framework.
- To gain hard and electronic copies of resources to support the setting to improve their approach to food, and run activities with children and families.
Book your places below: