Achieving 2 Year Olds (A2YO) is the Government’s delivery team supporting the roll out of 2 year old places.
Watch the A2YO series of films showcasing the latest developments.
Communicating the 2 year old offer to parents
The Communicating with Parents toolkit is intended to help local authorities and the early years workforce communicate directly with all parents eligible for the two year old offer (A2YO), including those hardest to reach.
Designed to be as practical as possible, the toolkit is flexible enough for you to pick up and start using straight away.
This set of resources aim to help you:
- Develop and deliver a low-cost campaign to attract parents’ attention
- Use community, commercial and council resources to spread the word as widely as possible
- Take advantage of all the tools at your disposal to make the two year old offer a success.
What does it provide?
- Template posters, leaflets and postcards that can be printed off in the office
- Eligibility flowchart – give to your key partners to use with parents
- Draft press release
- Examples of best practice being undertaken by other local authorities
- Suite of tested key messages
- Stakeholder engagement plan
If you are a local authority or part of the early years workforce, please click the links below to view and download the free toolkit and promotional material templates:
Communicating with Parents toolkit and resources
Practical support for local authorities and the early years workforce – communicating the two year old offer to parents
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Key messages and branding
- Section 3: Getting the messages out
- Section 4: Case Studies
- Section 5: Key contacts and further resources
- Literature review
- Draft press release – use this template as a basis for your Council’s press release
- Eligibility flowchart for partners
Add your Council’s contact details to the designed posters, postcards and leaflets for parents:
- A3 size poster for year 1
- A3 size poster for year 2
- A4 size poster for year 1
- A4 size poster for year 2
- Postcard – two sided postcard
- Postcard – four postcards ready to print onto one sheet
- Postcard design files for professional printing
Use these designed templates for Powerpoint and Word:
For technical support when editing the above materials refer to the User Guide:
For additional images to use in your A2YO materials, please email 4Children [email protected]
Free e-learning modules to support funded 2 year olds
Bolton LA have developed some e-learning modules in partnership working with A2YO to support new start up and existing businesses to create sustainable places for funded 2 year olds.
They are available to all providers at no cost.